Travel is the only thing that makes you richer
Get involved

If your business experiences a noticeable need for seasonal workers during summer

It means that you can benefit from hiring foreign seasonal workers through a specially tailored US Department of State program called Work and Travel USA! It encourages international students to work in the US for up to 4 months during their holidays. Want to know whether your company could really use entry level seasonal employment? Just check out the list of industries below!


Beach service jobs

 How your business could benefit from seasonal staffing?

The Work and Travel USA is a program run by the United States government. Under this program, international students can legally enter the US for 4 months during their vacations and work for US employers. This program is beneficial both for US-based businesses who use seasonal staffing to cover their rising work force needs during the busy month, and for students who get a perspective on American culture, travel, and earn money. Thousands of overseas students have been enrolled in this program since it was started.

Though it's our job at to match successful Work and Travel USA applicants with your seasonal employment needs, handling all the paperwork that arises, we feel there may be things you would like to know about the program. Here we have listed the most important details about the J1 Visa and the Work and Travel USA program that you may need as an employer.

Apart from the requirements of the J1 Visa itself, the Work and Travel USA program has standards of its own. It is meant only for full time university students aged between 18-26, with intermediate or better English.
Typically the exchange program lasts for 4 months starting from May, during the official vacations students have in their home country. International exchange students can work for 4 months, and then they have the 30-day 'grace period' for leaving the States. They are not allowed to work during this period. The exact program dates are indicated in the document known as DS-2019, which your seasonal employee is required to keep at all times.

Those who wish to participate submit their applications to one of the exchange organizations accredited by the US government, known as program sponsors. Sponsors check that the candidates meet the eligibility criteria, conduct interviews to choose positions best suitable for a participant's background and experience, and test English proficiency.

Also, orientation session is provided to candidates, giving all the details about their future employment, housing, costs, American way of living, and so on. Sponsors also make sure all the papers including the DS-2019 form and medical insurance are in proper order.

Sponsor organizations are obliged to monitor their participants to make sure their activities correspond with the purposes of the program. All visiting students are required to have medical insurance. Additionally, all foreign nationals coming to the US through similar programs are monitored with a system known as SEVIS, or Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, which tracks relevant information such as arrival and departure dates, address changes, important notifications and so on. As you see, the requirements and the monitoring features of the Work and Travel program, along with years of our experience in seasonal staffing, ensure that no problems can arise for you as the employer.

We can help you: